Improve the Environment by Reducing Waste – 5 Simple Ways to Decrease Garbage in Your Home
According to an estimate, an average American produces about 4.4 pounds of waste every day. Do you know what this means?
On average, America produces more than 700,000 tons of trash in a day – that’s a considerable amount!
No wonder the waste creates a number of problems for the inhabitants of the planet. From increased pollution and landfills to depletion of the earth’s finite resources, growing health concerns and threats to other creatures, the waste we produce affects us and our environment on many different levels.
It is due to these grave consequences that environmental protection has become an important issue worldwide. While various governmental and non-governmental organizations have been taking specific measures to increase awareness regarding the issue, we should also make efforts, on individual levels, to reduce the amount of waste we produce.
8 Simple Ways to Reduce Trash
Here are some simple ways you can reduce the amount of waste in your house:
- Rather than buying bottled water, invest in a good water filter. A water filter will not only reduce your plastic waste, but will also save you money. A water filter is a one-time investment and a good one can last for years. You will also save yourself the hassle of running to the store now and then to make sure you don’t run out of drinking water.
- Carry a reusable water bottle wherever you go. This is again a better choice both for the environment and your pocket.
- Avoid using disposable glasses, plates, boxes, or cutlery.
- Stop using plastic bags and switch to cloth ones instead.
- Recycle the waste, so it doesn’t end up in the landfill. Recycling is not as difficult as it sounds. However, make sure to learn about the rules of recycling in your area, as they may vary across states.
- Food waste is also a huge problem in the U.S. But, it is a type of waste that can easily be avoided. All you need to do is some planning. Only buy the food items that you know you or your family members will eat. While it sounds like a no-brainer, a report says that around 40% of the food ends up as waste in America.
- Get things repaired rather than discarding them.
- Hire a junk removal company to make sure the trash is disposed-off properly. A large amount of waste that we just throw into the bin can be recycled or returned to earth through composting. A good junk removal company does not throw away all their trash in landfills – they take every possible measure to reduce the waste.
For junk removal in Mesa, AZ, contact Mesa Junk Removal and rest assured your waste will be properly disposed-off.
While these tips may look very simple and insignificant, they can make a significant impact on our planet. So, practice them and reduce your waste.
When it comes to the environment, small acts can have big effects. In this blog post, we have discussed some simple ways and tips for reducing the waste in your home, which can significantly improve our environment.